Like last week’s foray into the art of Bodies, this week contains some spoilers. The meat of the post can be found under the cut!
This image was originally slated to be the cover of the story once I’d completed it. As you can see, I finished it a little over a year before I actually finished the story itself, so I had plenty of time to reconsider. The primary reason I decided to go with a different image was because of the spoiler factor. I’ve always disliked getting half-way through a book and realizing that the cover image gives away a huge plot twist that may be gently foreshadowed but not too obvious otherwise. The other reason had to do with the feedback I received when I posted the image online: it was just a little too creepy for some people, and I didn’t want to immediately turn off potential readers by having an off-putting image on the cover.
As an aside, I actually have the tentacles from the background on my bank card because I am a gigantic nerd.